The Technical Advisory Group
Technical Advisory Group on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH)
The Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) Technical Advisory Group (TAG) facilitates and helps deliver on agreed IASC commitments on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (PSEAH) in humanitarian response. The TAG reports directly to the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Deputies Group which is responsible for advancing actions on PSEAH as a priority area, under the leadership of the IASC Principals, and liaison between the TAG and the Deputies is a function of the IASC Secretariat and the IASC Champion.
The role of the TAG includes working to:
- Develop and implement annual IASC workplan to achieve IASC Strategy targets by actively leading/contributing to the delivery of components
- Mobilize support for the IASC Vision and Strategy for Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment across the humanitarian community.
- Contribute to the effective monitoring of the targets articulated in the IASC Vision and Strategy, and report against agreed annual PSEAH indicators.
- Promote a community of practice to share knowledge and resources including by promoting country-level innovation, progress, and lessons learned. Identify barriers and challenges and generate potential solutions.
- Ensure coherence with gender and accountability to affected people standards and guidance through linkages.
- Contribute and advocate for resources to implement the agreed workplan and priorities.
Care International, CHS Alliance, FAO, ICRC, ICVA, IFRC, InterAction, International Medical Corps, IOM, Mercy Corps, OCHA, OHCHR, SCHR, UNDP, UNFPA, UN-HABITAT, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, WHO, World Bank, WVI,
Development Coordination Office (DCO), Office of the Special Coordinator for improving UN response to SEA (OSC), The Global Fund, UN Victims’ Rights Advocate, UNRWA,